02 Sep BREEAM CERTIFICATE AND HOW NESS HELPS YOU GET IT
BREEAM is the acronym for Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology. It is the method of evaluation and certification of sustainability in buildings.
It is the world’s most advanced and recognized building evaluation method. Within this certificate, there are five different typologies: Urbanism, housing, new construction, custom, and in use.
The objectives of this certificate are to improve the sustainability and environmental performance of buildings, promote best practices, disseminate the economic benefits of sustainability taking into account all areas and provide a comprehensive method of environmental assessment of buildings.
It is a private certificate that is based on its system in the evaluation of impact in ten categories.
- Management: The start-up and management of the construction is evaluated, as well as its environmental management.
- Health and well-being: Evaluate the comfort criteria according to temperature, lighting, air quality, acoustics, etc.
- Energy: Efficiency of the facilities, monitoring of consumption, emissions, etc.
- Transport: Location, access to public transport and alternative modes of transport, proximity to services, etc. Evaluate the possibilities of mobility and access from the home.
- Water: Devices that improve efficiency in the use of water (reduction of consumption, detection of leaks, reuse …) and its monitoring.
- Materials: Reuse of existing buildings, responsible sourcing, and use of materials with low environmental impact.
- Waste: Effective and adequate management of waste, as well as the creation of storage space for household waste and promotion of the use of recycled products.
- Ecological land-use: Reuse of previously urbanized or contaminated soils, protection of elements of ecological value, and generation of new habitats.
- Pollution: Use of refrigerants with low global warming potential, low emission facilities, attenuation of noise or light pollution, etc.
- Innovation: Implementation of tools to increase levels of environmental sustainability
How can NESS help you improve your BREEAM score?
Having NESS technology in a home or premises could achieve the highest score in the water category. This system can deal with and provide solutions to all the evaluation points in this category, having no current competition in the market.
The main benefit of installing NESS is that it reduces water consumption in the home. Once activated, this recirculation system returns the cold water to the circuit until it detects that the hot water has reached the desired tap. All that water that before we had to let run now remains in the circuit.
In addition, NESS has a series of functionalities that allow monitoring the water consumption and the status of the pipes, in such a way that if it detects an anomalous consumption it can cut off the water flow, reducing the time to detect the leak and water lost until repair.
Do you want to know more about how NESS can improve your home or premises? Enter the link or write to us!